A simple, guided method for growing in-house communications
Communications and media relations can raise the visibility of your company in ways no other tools can.
Introducing an easy-to-implement system for building a PR powerhouse… in-house. The tools, the expertise, and custom strategy/deliverables.
Why have PR in-house?
Public relations firms offer the best of the best when it comes to what you need in a communications team: expertise, relationships, efficiency. But expertise comes at a price – usually between $3000 and $5000 per month. Yikes.
But small businesses can do this on their own. All the bases will be covered, with Youcan DIY PR:
- More stories told by you and your team, and more outlets for delivery
- Develop your own relationships with the press – and deliver the news faster
- Improve your internal communications
- And you don’t have a mortgage-sized bill at the beginning of each month.
What’s the value of:
For more than 30 years, we’ve used communications to:
- Help established companies grow
- Introduce new companies or products
- Establish a reputation for easier recruitment
- Open new markets
- Crisis communications
- Establish speakers
What is Youcan DIY PR?
It’s a combination of books that help you develop skillsets, and services that deliver a custom, mentor-driven public relations strategy.
The DIY PR Books
Booklets that lead you, step by step, through each aspect of PR. Just $20 each (4 or more: call)
- Planning: Creating a custom PR Plan; Knowing your audience; Knowing your competition
Key tools: working with them, working around them
- Messaging: Corporate Self Awareness
Determining the mission and vision; Company and product descriptions
Elevator pitch; The Boilerplate; Executive bios
- Media relations: Earned media: important partners for communication
Building a media list; Shaping your story; Telling your story;
How to develop a relationship with the press: do’s, don’ts & maybes
- Developing a press kit: What goes in it and why you need it
The press release; the backgrounder; the FAQ; graphics/content
- Events: Creating the plan: balancing creativity with tactICS
Budgeting: line items checklist
On-the-ground: a great Run of Show
Reports and ROI
- Conferences and Speaker’s Bureau Development
Identifying appropriate conferences; attendance and ROI
Networking for the Introvert
Developing a speakers’ bureau: get your exec on stage
- Coming in 2020: Crisis Communications: the plan and the execution
Community Relations: building your reputation beyond current customers
Content & Social Media: LinkedIn, Blogs, Podcasts, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
Youcan is for You if:
- You have a team member who is interested in developing communication skills
- You need more awareness of your company, non-profit or product line
- You’re addressing a complex issue that needs finesse
- Your competition is getting more attention than you are
- People don’t know about or understand your offerings
- You could benefit from claiming industry leadership
- Your team can’t express what’s unique/important about you
- You write a press release and nothing happens
- You aren’t engaged with your community
- Your reputation has been sullied – or not even built
- Your clients would appreciate you highlighting their project
- You need more speaking engagements and media coverage
- Your budget can’t manage $3000, $5000/mo. or more for a PR firm
- Tap Fluent to be your guide, your coach, your PR Sherpa.
FIRST: we spend a full eight hours with your executives and the person who’s being tapped to execute on the communications. Out of those meetings, you will receive:
- Custom strategic plan
- Editorial calendar
- Training, based on the needs of your communications team member
Monthly: (for 11 additional months): we meet twice a month with the team member and any executives interested.
- Tune ups on deliverables
- Ideating and brainstorming